1. What do you sell apart from Christian books? In store, we sell a wide range of Christian books, Bibles, Bible studies, CDs, DVDs, cards, beautiful gifts, Bible reading notes, Fair Trade products and other Christian resources. We also have a large children's resource area including Sunday school teaching materials. We also sell stamps!. We provide a tea and coffee area for you to sit down and relax. There is also acounselling service with professional counsellors, which is available during shop hours.
2. Can I purchase resources from your website? Not directly. We sell such a vast and diverse number of products it would be very difficult to keep our website up to date. However, it is very easy to order from us, simply contact us by phone or email and we will do the rest. We also offer a mail order service so we can serve you wherever you are.
3. What are your opening hours? The shop and counselling service are open Monday to Saturday, 10am – 5pm. We are closed on Sunday and public holidays.
4. Can I bulk order from Canaan? We are always pleased to help with any bulk orders you have and can often offer special discounts on bulk purchases for individuals, Churches and schools
5. Can I order books on ‘sale-or-return’ for my church bookstall? Yes we are very happy to provide books on a sale-or-return basis, and already do this for a number of customers. Please contact us for details
6. What is Canaan’s pricing policy and do you give discounts? Canaan obtains goods almost exclusively from Christian publishers or suppliers and sells at recommended retail prices where stipulated, and always have resources on special offer in store. As a charitable company, limited by guarantee, Canaan is not primarily here to make a profit, and we do offer discounts for church orders and bulk orders where possible.
8. Do you sell gift vouchers? We sell Canaan Gift Vouchers, available in denominations of £5 and £10, which are redeemable in our shop. They make ideal gifts for everyone.
9. I don’t live in Staines – is the shop easily accessible and is there parking nearby? Canaan is located on the High street near the iron railway bridge, five minutes’ walk from the Staines railway & bus stations. The nearest car park (South Street TW18 4TL) is only two minutes walk away, and even though there is no parking outside the shop customers are allowed to stop briefly directly outside the front door to collect orders. The shop is also accessible to wheelchair users.
10. Can I donate Christian books to you? We are always pleased to receive new or second-hand Christian books, and if able we can place them in our sale books section in the shop and online. Otherwise we donate them to Book Aid.
11. Why should I buy from Canaan when it is cheaper online? Remember, it is not always true that it is cheaper to buy online. We love to have the opportunity to try and price match or better any genuine price you are quoted. Please always ask us for a quote, if we can't match or better your price we will let you know. . 12. Why should I support Canaan? Supporting Canaan enables us to resource the local Christian community as well as maintaining an outreach on the High Street six days a week when most churches are closed.
13. How can I support Canaan? In these challenging times for shops, we certainly do appreciate your support and prayers. Many customers support us by becoming a Friend of Canaan, or you can donate with a one off donation. 14. How can I keep in touch with Canaan? Simply subscribe to receive news posts and details of any special offers, just tick the box on our contact form. We are also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Canaanbookshop